How to start running: 10 tips for beginners
Running can be practiced not only with the purpose of losing weight. It perfectly helps to support an existing figure, as well as to strengthen health and muscles (including the heart). However, you need to run correctly. There are some negative consequences of running improperly, especially for women.
If you have already decided to start running (in the mornings or evenings), then you need to know where to start. Because if you approach this issue from the wrong side, then this will remain just plans. Something like, “I’ll start on Monday, oh well, next week for sure! Although next month is possible. That’s when it will be Monday of the first day, that’s for sure. ” And these excuses will be constant. Because 10 main steps for beginners to run are not observed.
Here we will speak not about the technique of running (although this is very important), but about how exactly to start running. Technique will be important when you have exactly go for a run fully armed. But now we will understand how to get to this “armor”.
1. Motivation. Without it, it makes no sense to start. Decide for yourself: why do you need a run? For good health? Then tell yourself more often about the benefits to the body. Believe it yourself, you can easily start. For weight loss? See more programs or reviews on how running helps you to say goodbye to cellulite, lose pounds. When you constantly see that running really helps, it will be easier to start.
2. Medical examination. Not all fit running. For many, it is contraindicated. For example, if you have a fever (very high temperature), you are hypertensive (and the pressure obviously does not decrease from running, the load is serious on the heart and blood vessels), heart disease, in particular heart defects or valves, poor blood supply. Also, you can not start to run, if one of the chronic diseases sharply “woke up” and moved into the acute stage.
Are there diseases of the genitourinary system? Nor is it time for jogging. Oncology, pregnancy (last trimester or any week, if there is a threat of miscarriage or premature birth, ICN or previous pregnancies were threatened). Well, one can not say about the diseases of the musculoskeletal system. Yes, and with excess weight you need to be extremely cautious to go jogging. Otherwise, the joints and the spine will have a hard time.
3. Time. Decide when you will run. But remember that immediately after waking up, even “larks” are not recommended. The body has not yet awakened, and the heart and blood vessels are not yet ready for such loads. In the evening, it is better to run 2 hours before bedtime, otherwise you will not be able to sleep.
4. Place. Needless to run on the highway is not only inconvenient and harmful to the joints, but also unsafe for life. Ground needed. It will soften the “blow” of your foot on the ground, thereby removing the load from your knees and back. Therefore, parks, embankments or forests are perfect. However, on the way of your following there should be no roots sticking out, stones or pits that can prevent you. Well, you can in extreme cases and run home. Get a treadmill and go ahead.
5. How many and how often do jogging. Decide on this. Needless to say, you don’t need to be a professional in order to understand that you don’t need to run much and often at once. The body should gradually get used to the load, “swing”. For a start, a quarter or a third of an hour will do. Gradually bring time to 45 minutes. Do not do daily. Better in a day, letting the body recover and rest. Especially if your goal is to lose weight. But running in a bad mood through force is not worth it. Running should be fun.
6. Clothing. Of course, it’s uncomfortable and absurd to run in jeans or a dress. Therefore, perfect sportswear made from natural breathable fabrics, which will not hamper your movement. For women, it is extremely important to wear a sports bra so that the mammary glands do not lose or spoil their shape.
7. Shoes. Even if you run at home, sports shoes are required for jogging, with good shock absorption, heel support and ventilation. The foot must “breathe” in the shoes. Size and width are chosen correctly. The sole should be comfortable and stable on any kind of surface so as not to slip on the morning dew or puddle residues.
8. Preparation. Do not eat before jogging, otherwise it will be difficult to move. The body will send all the blood to the digestive tract, and it will become difficult for you to breathe, because oxygen has nothing to be transferred. But absolutely not hungry can not go. Snack on the fruit so that the body gets some energy. Mandatory warm-up. At least 5-10 minutes to prepare the muscles, joints and tendons.
9. Follow the technique of running. Then you will not have any unpleasant consequences.
10. Proper completion. Even if the run is over, you should not stop abruptly, as dug in. It is necessary to gradually slow down, and then another step to walk, so that the body slowly began to reduce pressure. After the run, by the way, it would also be good to do a stretcher to tighten the tendons and muscles. after running easy re